Sunday, March 29, 2015

Nunn Design Sealant

My biggest challenge when I started working with resin was working with printed images.  The paper darkened, the images never stayed crisp, and they just didn't look right.  I read a lot about how I should be getting my photos laser printed at a copy shop, but I don't usually do that much planning ahead when I get crafty.

Then I found Nunn Design Sealant.  I love Nunn Design products, and I was intrigued by what this product promised to do.  I print out my images on matte photo paper at home on my ink jet printer.  Then, after I glue them into my bezel setting and the glue has dried, I apply a few thin layers of this sealant.  Get all the way into the corners and let each layer dry thoroughly before applying the next.  If you get nice solid coverage, this sealant will keep the resin from seeping into your paper or running your ink.

I've had great success with this stuff and I love how it lets me use my home printer for spontaneous resin fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment