Friday, March 27, 2015

Little Windows into my Crafty Soul

I've done a fair amount of work with resin.  You can see a few pieces I made the last time I played with resin here.  I've done photo jewelry, filling bezel settings with resin, and I've also done molding and casting, filling a silicon mold with resin to create a new piece.

There are a lot of resins on the market, and several of them are quite good.  My favorite is from Little Windows.  Little Windows resin doesn't have as strong of a chemical odor as many other two part resins.  You can mix less at a time to avoid waste, it cures in 12 hours to a crystal clear finish, and my finished pieces look great.  The Little Windows website sells lots of coordinating accessories and has a ton of helpful instructional and inspirational content.

No comments:

Post a Comment